mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 29 sty 2004, 11:14 
Concerning battles:
Dark Knight will be able to summon a Demon. (Not sure if this is similar to the Dragoon's Wyvern, or a one-shot attack, or what).

Summoners will be updated. They are *not* adding summon monsters any time soon, but will be updating the summoner class to make it much stronger than it currently is.

They're considering changing things so that if a party is attacking a strong monster, there will be less collateral damage (i.e. area of effect spells it uses won't effect other people not in the same party as its attackers, if a party zones to escape a strong enemy it won't just go on a murderous rampage and kill all the newbies at the zone, etc.)

Concerning Limbo:
Limbo is a set of capturable battlefields for really high level players. (i.e. they count for conquest)

It won't be easy to get out of. No simple teleporting in and out of it.

There will be new Burning Circles there called Giant Burning Circles that will require a new type of alliance, an Over Alliance, to stand a chance. Over Alliance will have more than 18 people (but they don't specify how many).

You will have to walk into and out of the Limbo areas, no teleporting around. And this is a 'direct quote': "It's no picnic, and we plan to keep it that way. This stuff is going to be hard."

It will be impossible to survive there without having a party go in together, and have a really good strategy for staying alive.

There's a purpose to going into Limbo, but they're not saying what it is yet. There will be quests to go there and retrieve items and such.

Concerning PvP:
Has nothing to do with Limbo. Nothing at all.

You have to complete some quests before you can participate.

You won't be able to just kill anyone. (I'm assuming this means only others who have finished the quests, and even then there could be some restrictions).

Concerning Missions:
Nation-specific missions aren't going to be expanded any time soon. They're planning some stuff for them, but it's too early to say anything. (Currently they only take you to rank 5 or 6 now anyway, and then the Zilart missions kick in to get you to rank 10).

There will be no further Zilart missions.

They will definitely be continuing the storyline with further missions, however. (possibly Limbo-related).

Big Plans for 2004:
Job balancing for PvP. (I really, really hope this only affects job balance at PvP levels, and doesn't interfere with the way things work now. I've seen so many games go horribly astray when they start castrating classes to make them PvP safe. But so far Square hasn't let me down, and they seem to know what they're doing, so there's hope )

More Content for level 30-40. (Sounds neat, especially since I'll be there soon.)

Sounds interesting eh ^^

The original thread is here.

http://vnboards.ign.com/FFXI_Genera...12/63370330/?29

http://vnboards.ign.com/FFXI_Genera...12/63370330/?29

Rowniez topic na ffxionline.com

:grin:

PostNapisane: 29 sty 2004, 11:18 
Dla wybranych, oryginal dostepny m.in. tutaj. :grin:

PostNapisane: 29 sty 2004, 11:33 
no no! nieźle! To Uberowe Alliance brzmi niezle :smile:

PostNapisane: 29 sty 2004, 11:43 
tutaj dokładniejszy opis:

RE: Battle against Maat (Limit 5);

- We felt RDM's player skills were at high level, so we made it harder than other jobs on purpose. We plan to make it a little bit easier next time. (Means next patch, I suppose.)

- MNK should NOT go with everything they got from the start.

- We understand it's tough for you to lose despite you have used lots of consumable items (portions, ethers, etc.), but don't get too depressed by a couple of lost battles.

- DRK's have been made stronger, but we want SAM's to stay patient as there may be stronger Demons added in the future. (This is the one that was translated completely wrong. DRK's abilities let them fight easier against mobs like Weapons and Golems, and at lvl 71-75, many go kill those, thus DRK's r welcomed. SAM's abilities, on the other hand, let them fight easier against Demons, so that's why they said to wait till stronger Demons get added.)

- We plan to make a few more adjustments to SMN's. It won't be possible to keep the summoned monsters out forever [even after the adjustment]. It'll be "adjustments," not "strengthening." We hope to make SMN more unique [to other jobs], or stronger job. (They said it won't be "strengthening," but here they said "more unique OR stronger." it's really standing against each other, but that's what they said.)

RE: New Weapon Skills [added in the last patch]

- We have now used up all the WS graphical effects we had in the beginning. If we were to add more WS' in the future, it'll be in the different direction. Like one you can use only with specific weapons.

- We plan to make the monsters that are too strong that no player even considers fighting now more "rewarding."

RE: Limbo Area

- It'll be like a "conquering" battle field using up a whole area, designed for high level players.

- It's like you can't go there as "what it is" and you can't get out of there easily. (This line didn't make clear sense even in the original sentence. This must be something you can't figure out the meaning of until you actually see it. Nevertheless, the part "what it is" may mean that you can't go in as what you are right now, or maybe something else. I don't know. Anyways, that's the best translation I can do.)

- It's like a huge BC battle field. It's designed for "over-alliance" of more than 18 players.

- There's no requirement to get out of Limbo. But you can't walk out on your foot. You get out by Teleport, by "dying and zoning," etc. It's not an easy area where you can go in as if you were going to picnic.

- Advanced preparation will be necessary. (otherwise, you won't live.)

- We can't talk about the purpose of Limbo yet, but there is a purpose to it. Like associated story, items, etc.

RE: PvP

- It doesn't have any relationships with the Limbo.

- You will be able to do it, after involved story and various settings. (It doesn't clearly state whether you have to complete some quests/mission, or otherwise undergo something. But looking at the sentence, it's obvious that you can't do it from the start.)

- It won't make it possible to hit the person next to you right away.

RE: Missions

- Kingdom missions are now at one end. We hope to provide something different in the future, but we can't say what it'll be like.

- We're not thinking of any more Zilart missions, either.

- There will be expanded stories in some way using the stories with previous missions.

RE: Addition of NA Players

- Although the rate of server operation has been increased, it's not affecting the peak hour performance [negatively].

- We are delighted to see more "mixed" parties of JP and NA players than we expected, and happy to hear many good things about them.

- Lifting level cap beyond 75 isn't planned at this moment.

- We are currently working on the new player "enhancement factors" at the capped level [75]. This will probably be added first [to the next cap raising].

Ambitions for the year 2004

Mr. Matsui: "We'll review the 'balance' of each job against other jobs, as PvP will be added."

Mr. Kawamoto: "I want to add something that even players of Lv 30 or so can enjoy."

Mr. Higuchi: "Hoping to add the enjoyment factors after players reach their aimed goal of leveling."

this covers every single line except for the last line which is purly a reference.