mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 21 lut 2006, 14:07 
EA is apparently buying Mythic Entertainment for somewhere in the $30-50M range. Mythic is the developer and publisher of the MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot and is currently developing an MMORPG based on Warhammer. Dark Age of Camelot has been on the decline, like many US MMORPGs, because of the blockbuster success of World of Warcraft.

I wonder how much of its 2003 $32M investment TA Associates gets back?

If true I think it is a good move for EA. They need to get much deeper into the MMORPG business, especially if the PS3 is going to possibly be delayed into 2007.

zrodlo: http://bbb.typepad.com/billsdue/

Jesli tak sie stanie to imo skonczyly sie zarty a zaczela sie ciaza :/

PostNapisane: 24 lut 2006, 10:38 
Cytuj:
Folks,

Ah, the Internet, where rumors fly through the ether with the greatest of ease, ignorant of facts and/or devoid of reason. Please keep in mind that almost all reputable companies have a policy of not commenting on rumors and in this, Mythic concurs. Even if it was true, I couldn't comment. So, no comment from me today. Also keep in mind that Mythic has been courted and courted a ton of times over the years. We have rejected lots of offers throughout the years, including one whose value was a heck of a lot more than that in the rumor (which makes the rumor that much more fun). All companies that are perceived to have any value will attract attention and Mythic has been no different over the years. To date, I believe we have rejected about a dozen serious offers over the years and some ridiculous ones as well so this is not the first time I've said these sorts of things...
Mark Jacobs

Więcej: http://www.warhammeralliance.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=723

PostNapisane: 24 lut 2006, 13:20 
Co sie może stać jak EA kupi Mythica??

PostNapisane: 24 lut 2006, 13:25 
Ddiabelekk napisał(a):
Co sie może stać jak EA kupi Mythica??

To samo co sie stało np z Ultimą Online jak EA kupiło Orgin
Albo to samo co sie stało z Westwood i innymi firmami ktore robily naprawde fajne gierki :(

Zreszta tutaj mozna poczytac.... bardzo ciekawy artykulik jak EA dziala
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/14/4/