mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 16 kwi 2003, 00:03 
Zooz przesłał mi poradnik spellcraftingu, który napisał dla swojej gildii.
Pomyślałem sobie, że może to być użyteczne dla wszystkich, więc spytałem go czy mogę zamieścić na naszym boardzie. Zgodził się, pod warunkiem, że jasno zaznaczę kto jest autorem.
To jest dość długie i po angielsku. Sorka, nie będę robił przekładu.

A więc:

Spellcrafting Guide by Zooz (Immortals):

If you are about to design the SC for your full suit, it is probably a good idea to read this guide first. Feel free to add anything important, that you think I missed.

I have split the guide into to different sections. The first one is easy to understand, and is in fact all you need
to know about SC. Part II is very technical (and long) but will prove the statements made in part I.

Part I (for noobs):
To get started you really can not live without Leladia's spellcraftcalculater. It can be downloaded from the following URL:

http://sc.aod.net/

It keeps track of all your equipment (even non-armor locations) and futhermore adds bonuses from all locations and calculates how much you need to reach the cap for that bonus. You can save/load templates, which
you should, in case you need to modify them again.
This program can also generate a 'config report', which you can mail to your local spellcrafter. It will help him a lot and
minimize risk of misunderstanding.

If you can not cap everything with a full MP suit, then you are doing something wrong. Even with qua 99 stuff, some classes can max everything.

It is very important that you have some good jewelry (rings, belt, necklace etc) and you can not design your SC suit before you decided what you use in every of your
jewelry locations. I recommend using the following jewelry (best I know)

Necklace: ancient copper necklace (from Stone of Arawn quest)
Gem: pygmy gem or gem from Stone of Arawn quest
Bracers: Bracers from the SI-quest Lost Treasure
Belt/rings: You probably can not get cear sidi stuff, so
use some good level 50 unique item drops where you can
use all 4 bonuses.

And now to the important part. Zoozies rules for selecting
the jewels for your player crafted armor. It is very important
you follow these rules if you do not want to waste imbue points.

Always use jewels that maximal has the following bonus:
Case 1: MP stuff (37 imbue points)
+4 skill
+25 stat
+68 hitpoints
+9 resist
+9 power
And always use 36 or 37 imbue points

Case 2: QUA 99 (33 imbue points)
+4 skill
+22 stat
+60 hitpoints
+7% resist
+7 power
And always use 32 or 33 imbue points

There are some rare cases where you need one or two jewels
that go over these limits (etc. a +28 stat on an MP piece).
This can be a good idea, if you only need +3 stat to max
a certain stat and you have no way on doing it otherwise.

And the percentage for explosion when overcharging is BS. I have crafted
200+
items with +4 or +5 overcharge, and not one single failure when I use
qua 99+ jewels.

Focus staffs are an exception to these rules. You have to understand the
next part, if you want to design them optimal.

Remember you can only apply same kind of bonus (etc +int, or +slash) once on
each item.

Part II (for immortals)

The formular for calculation the total imbue points of an item is:

1 ((Highest mVal x 2)+(2nd mVal)+(3rd mVal)+(4th mVal))
- * --------------------------------------------------------

where mVal is the individual imbue points costs of the jewels. Because
highest mVal is multiplied by 2, everything gets complicated. Without going
into math, the result is that you want to balance each imbue cost of the 4
jewels so they are so equal as possible!!! (Most important sentence in Part
II)

In Leladia's SC-calculator you can in fact see the individual imbue cost,
except that the highest is multiplied by 2 (so simply divide that by two). If you
follow the rules I started in Part I, you will always have the jewels almost
pefectly balanced!

To give an example: an armor piece with 13% slash resist and 5% crush resist (18% total) uses 28 imbuepoints, while an armor with 9% slash and 9% crush (also 18%) total only uses 24 imbue points. The worst example is putting +8 skill on a piece (35 imbuepoints, +8 skill total) instead of using 4 jewels each with +4 skill (37 imbue points, +16 skill total). But you can only use same skill once on each item, so you can not get the +8 slash etc from one item.

I often get the follow reply from my customers: Well, I have designed everything perfect except my boots, and I need +8 asskicking to have maximed asskicking. So I do need the +8 skill jewel on my boots.. Wrong.. You have not designed all other pieces perfect then... You have to re-design your whole suit.. Find a noob crafter to ruin you MP diamond encrusted divine mithril boots of ultimate asskicking, I will not do it.

For focus staffs, you have to balance the imbue costs on all non-focus jewels.

For MP-stuff there is an 'optimal pattern' that you should use, if you can fit it into your design. All 4 jewels used on the armor can be any combination of the following gems (same can be used multiple times, yes):
+22 stat
+60 hitpoints
+4 skill

All gems are perfect balanced (each use 7.5 imbue points). The total imbue cost of the item is 37.5 which is rounded down(SC always round down) to 37. And 37 is max overcharge for an MP piece.
There are no 'optimal patterns' for QUA 99 stuff.

The SC-calculator also calculates an 'Utility'. That is BS too. I do not know which moron figured that formular out. Etc: an item with +4 skill times four has 80.0 utility, while an item with +22 stat times four has 58.7 utility. They should have the same if this measure was to be used for anything.

If you want an invariant meaningfull measure, I have defined the 'Z-utility' (Z for zoozie).
(It is not defined for focus staffs.)

Z-utility = (z1+z2+z3+z4)/30 * 100

where each z value can be calculated this way:
For jewels with hitpoints it is: (hitpoints)*( 1/8 )
stat: stat*( 15/44 )
skill: skill*( 15/8 )
power/resist: power/resist*( 8/9 )

It is designed so that you maximal can get 100 from any SC'ed item, which you get when you use one of the 'optimal patterns'. And even more, it can be used to find out how good your caer sidi items really are! Just counting imbue points is not a good measure eighter. Etc some boots with asskicking +9 can not be SC because it is used 40 imbue points.
So the noob think they are uber! In fact they are not.. They only have z-utility 56.25 which is pretty crappy. The lowest Z-utility I have on Zooz's suit (armor locations) is 94.8 (9,9,9,5 in resists)

The highest Z-utility I have ever heard of is the ancient copper necklace that has Z-utility of 118.5.

That is all for now. I might edit and add something later in case I have forgotten something.

See you in Zoozies shop of SC-goodies!

Na razie nie wiem, jak to się formatuje. Może zrobię poprawki później.

Ostatnio edytowano 18 wrz 2004, 17:05 przez Holger, łącznie edytowano 1 raz

PostNapisane: 16 kwi 2003, 10:28 
bankowo gosc ma racje z utility - tez to zauwazylem ze itemy majace "skill" maja zawsze duze utility "nieslusznie" zupelnie.

PostNapisane: 17 kwi 2003, 17:38 
A mogę prosić o link do tego opisu, ewentualnie o mail do gostka bym mógł to podpiąć na nasz guildiowy board?