mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 1 mar 2002, 09:44 
Ancient Spells

One specific area we are addressing for casting classes revolves around how much improvement they get from raiding and acquiring high-level items. When a melee class begins to acquire items from the hardest monsters, they experience a tremendous growth in power. A melee character sporting Vulak weapons and Temple of Veeshan loot is incredibly more powerful than player who only owns average quality items. Casting classes don't achieve nearly the same amount of increased power from raid items, and rapidly fall behind melees in relative power when they start raiding. It doesn't make sense for a wizard who has helped in slaying hundreds of dragons to be using the same spells as someone who has yet to take part in raid encounters.

To address this problem, we've introduced the new "Ancient" category of spells recently. Ancient spells are rare, high-quality spells that can only be obtained from the most powerful monsters. These spells are improved versions of spells already available to each casting class. They won't give casters any brand-new, or out-of-class abilities, but are intended to make the casters better at what they already do. Much like a warrior improves himself by getting a better sword from a dragon, a wizard can now acquire more efficient spells in the same way.

As you might expect, Ancient spells are going to be rare and take a certain amount of effort to obtain. We don't expect many casters to ever get all the Ancient spells for their class. This is a change from the traditional approach we've had to spells, which has allowed every caster to feel entitled to get every one of their spells. We'll continue to make core spells available to casting classes off of vendors, or as relatively frequent drops off of monsters, but we want to be clear that Ancient spells are rare and powerful items of treasure, and we intend them to be very hard to get.

Only the first set of Ancient spells have been added to the game. In the coming weeks, we'll continue to add more Ancient spells to the game and expand the selection for casters and priests. It takes some time to get the spells balanced, tested, and placed on monsters - so expect to see them coming in a few sets at a time.

One last thing to note about Ancient spells- the power of these spells will vary depending on what monster drops them. You can expect Vulak A'err to have more powerful Ancient spells than you might find on Trakanon, for instance.

Rich Waters
Lead Designer, Systems
Sony Online Entertainment

Let fools do good, and fair men call for grace; Aaron will have his soul black like his face.

PostNapisane: 1 mar 2002, 10:31 
Czemu miało by być gorzej ???? może być tylko lepiej szkoda tylko że zanim ja zrobie raid na Vulaka to już co drugi (przynajmniej) high lvlowiec będzie miał te spelle :smile:

PostNapisane: 1 mar 2002, 10:34 
bez ubergilidii nic nie zdzialasz...

Jesli beda to nodropy ok , jak nie to za czas jakis stana sie druga fungi tunic 50k pp

Aczkolwiek uwazam to za dobry pomysl...

Oni sie boja Shadowbane , i zdaja sobie sprawe z tego ze wiekszosc graczy zostawi eq dla sb, stad mysle ze bedziemy swiadkami wprowadzenie co raz to lepszych bajerow , rodem z legedns.

Dla Tuxa: wiem ty nie odejdziesz od eq nigdy...

PostNapisane: 1 mar 2002, 14:47 
Znowu bedzie ze Zem vs. Tux... :grin:

...ale Zem nie wiesz co mowisz :smile: wiesz, identyczne texty slyszalem ze jak microsoft wyda AC to EQ zbankrutuje... potem o AO o DAoC, itd... A EQ sie caly czas bardzo dobrze trzyma :smile: jest najwyzej notowanym mmorpg... i zarazbia kasy tyle co maly kraj :smile: bez dalszego komentarza :cool:

Let fools do good, and fair men call for grace; Aaron will have his soul black like his face.

PostNapisane: 1 mar 2002, 17:27 
DAoC to kicha, moj klan bral w tym udzial gralimsy ponad ****[edit] albo dluzej nie pameitam teraz a nie chce klamac[edit] jakies niedobitki jeszcze graja...

A SB to cos innego...

Wiedzialem ze tak powiesz , ale zobaczysz ze tak bedzie.Nie powiedzialem ze nie wroca (tak jak bylo z Daoc)
ale wejdz na czat w est prime time i zapytaj kto przechodzi na SB jak sie pojawi, uwazaj zebys sie nie zdziwil...

SB to przelom chcoby ze wzgledu na GFX i system PvP.

W eq brakuje dobrego PvP i dobre RPG to jest to o czym mowi Xil.I ludzie ktorym barkuje tego tu przejada tam.

EQ jest tak popularne bo nie ma dla nie go alternatywy , daoc to mierny klon eq z dodtakiem RvR w allaldynowkim wydaniu...

AC tez ma swoich fanow ktorzy go nie zostaiwa tak samo bedzie z eq...

Jak bedzie naprawde czas pokaze , ale juz chocby zajzdy takie jak ten w Tekasie pokazaly jak ogromne jest zainteresowanie ze strony klanow eq.
(moi tam byli)

Nie bede nic wiecej mowil...
Zeby cie nie draznic , ale mam wrazenie ze nie widzisz ze eq sie starzeje, to co teraz nam daja to sa chwyty zeby przed SB wyrwac jak najwiecej kasy i zeby jak najwiecej osob tu zostalo...

Ludzie odhcodza testuja i wracaja , nie wiem moze ja tez wroce, mi nie za bardzo podoba sie ze sb jest TPP...

Ale w swiecie eq az dudni jak powiesz SB dziwie sie ze tego nie zauwarzyles.

<font size=-1>[ Ta wiadomość została zmieniona przez: Zematis dnia 2002-03-01 17:30 ]</font>

PostNapisane: 1 mar 2002, 18:05 
Nie kazdy chce PvP :cool:

Dobrego RPG ? n00b... :razz: przeczytaj instrukcje albo pare opisow do questow u graffe'go :wink: Jeden z fajniejszych to:

Cytuj:
Lord Yelinak watches as you drop the colossal head of King Tormax to the ground before him. You sense intense hatred within Yelinak as he stares down at the bloody remains of a descendent of the one who slew his mate. Obviously the death of Tormax has done little to console the ancient snow dragon. Finally Yelinak speaks, 'I look upon this face, and even though he is dead, the hatred burns on. My grief and anger are unchanged even in the face of ultimate fate. His grandfather's act was so despicable and all-encompassing that it instilled an. . . immortal loathing. Neverttheless, you have completed the task I set before you and, as such, you deserve my gratitude. Please accept this [treasure].

A Osobiscie moj ulubiony:

Cytuj:
Solomen says 'You actually did it! I never would have thought that anyone could have truly followed this path. This is a tribute to your intelligence and patience. Here, take this staff and know that you have made Solusek Ro and all the wizards of the world proud this day.

Pytalem potem Xarpa itd. (wiziow) czy czuli sie dumni :razz:

Uhm przetestowac :smile: ja wiem... mialem AC... 1 dzien hihi, Wiesz w SB spodobala mi sie jedna rzecz... blacksmithing (jak w wiekszosci z gier :razz: , zaraz Gianna powiedzialby "u got a lil fetish there" :razz: ) Ale jak uslyszalem ze to jest TPP no coz =/ dziekuje... =/

Nic no nie watpie ze SB moze byc fajne ale sam przyznasz ze EQ... NIC nie brakuje :cool: