mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 10 sie 2004, 22:06 
OK moze tak bysmy sie wybrali (oczywiscie mam na mysli static) po super ubranko dla mnie, a przy okazji mozna by pofarmowac troche kasy, a warto :grin:
Oto jak sie sprawa przedstawia:

---> ~Shaman's Cloak: A Guide~ <---
By Ragnard X. Hocklebuns III

I. ---- Intro ----
/siiiiigh. Black Mage 56...only 40,000 more exp until you can wear that mysterious blue AF coat, or the dazzling emerald Justaucourps. And 80,000 till you can finally look like Vivi, in the charming little Scarecrow AF hat. Equipment just doesn't feel right: Tactician Magician Coat? It's all scratchy around the neck and doesn't give the stats we BLMs really want. Combat Caster's Cloak? Better INT, sure, but people might mistake us for lvl 40's...

Solution: Get your mitts on a Shaman's Cloak:
Def: 43
MP: 25 <--------------------------Yes!
INT: 4 <--------------------------Ohhh yes, you know I like it!
Enfeebling Magic Skill: 5 <---Ooooh yea! Gimme more! Gimme more!
Elemental Magic Skill: 5 <----/heal. Was it good for you too?

Here's what we're gonna do:
-Get some help
-Go to Quicksands
-Go to the spawn room, and clear it.
-Build TP, and wait for the pop!
-Claim Centurio X-I and destroy him! <3

II. ---- Who to get to help ----
As with any NM, people say different things. I can tell you that with a party of 59's, you will be set. With a few 62-63's, you will be set. With a 65+ RDM, you will be set. With a 65+ melee, you will be set if you pretend you are a WHM, and debuff and heal, but clearing the room will be slower.

Last night I went out with this setup: 61BLM/WHM (Ragnard), 60DRK/THF (Dakin), 63SAM/WAR (Rha), and 62RDM/WAR (Pyrotek). TP buildup was easy as Melon Pie +1, and when we finally found our mob, we killed him in less than 2 minutes. He felt like another TP mob. I never even nuked. By the time I debuffed, he was dead.

Make sure you have a healer, and make sure you have a tank. Other than that, you're pretty much set.

If you are having trouble getting friends to come play in the sand, casually mention that it drops some pricey things too. See section VI for a list of drops. ^^ Might be a good idea (since you get the cloak) to quartermaster the other drops, sell them, and split the gil between your helpers. Adding a tip is nice too, if you have a friend of a friend, or a stranger.

III. ---- Where to go ----
Get a Teleport-Altep. Head East and a little South to get to the Quicksands Entrance at (K-7). Enter, buff, and head down. When you start to see Exp parties or Anticans, Sneak up. You don't need Invisible. If you have a map, head to (H-9)/(H-10). If you don't, here's a Map courtesy of LS-EternalForce. You entered at (L-4), so follow straight until you reach the large first room. Head south from here, and walk off the dropoff and through the small tunnel leading South. The next large room you get to is the NM spawn area! Head across the room till you see a tunnel in the south wall. Camp inside this tunnel. The worms do not aggro.

IV. ---- How to clear the room ----
Centurio X-I is a Lottery Pop. If you're unfamiliar with what this means, here's my synopsis: Lottery pop means the NM will pop randomly in one of the spawn points in a given room. It's a lottery to see if he pops or if a regular mob pops. The strategy for Lottery Pop NM's then is to clear away all the regular mobs. Since the game sees that there are no mobs spawned, it will (in the usual amount of time) repopulate the room, one spawn site at a time. Cross your fingers that the NM wins the Lottery and comes out to play. :grin:

As Daione (thanks!) pointed out, there are 5 spawns in the room. 2 are Princeps, 2 are Hastatus, 1 is Signifier. They are all on a ~17 minute timer, and they'll respawn in the order that you kill them. Daione notes that Signifier is the place-holder for Centurio X-I, so kill the signifier first. Then, wait a few minutes and start on the next mobs. This way, Centurio X-I will pop first, and the others will pop a few minutes later, giving you time to take care of business.

Clearing the room is not very difficult, but it can get sticky if you're lower level and/or sloppy. Ants link, so make sure you are ready with Sleep II, Sleepga II, and Escape. While you're camping in the tunnel, pull them one at a time, and destroy them. Do not underestimate them. Pretend it's an exp party, and set up a skillchain for Detonation or Fragmentation, since ants are weak to wind. With these ants, it is important to know which type is which. Here are the little guys that you'll run into:
-Hastatus - WAR type. Debuff as usual. Don't aspir. Watch out for AoE silence ability "Jamming Wave" ><
-Signifier - BLM type. Silence for sure. Use aspir ^^.
-Princeps - PLD type. Debuff as usual. Silence only so that you can keep him from buffing/healing. Use aspir ^^.

If you get there, and he's up, pretend he's a normal mob. Clear the room as much as you can first, and save your TP. Pull him last.

If he's not up, and you clear the room, and it repopulates, and he's still not up, it's possible that someone killed him recently. His respawn time can be 3+ hours if someone just killed him, but often times he will pop much faster. If you don't have much time, plan your raid for an off-peak time. Keep clearing. Patience > NMs in camping, and in fighting them.

V. ---- Killing Centurio X-I ----
He's like any NM. If you don't have experience with NM's, I'd like to humbly offer the following pieces of advice:
-You subbed WHM/RDM for a reason. Don't be afraid to backup heal.
-You have stoneskin. Use it. Use blink too.
-You're a mage. Stay in the back and use your spells.
-MB's are the most efficient nukes you can cast.
-Make ready with the status cures like Poisona, Silena, Cursna etc.
-You have powerful debuffs. Use the Frost/Rasp/Drown set or the Frost/Shock set.
-Run fraps and take screenshots!
-but most importantly: Take your time. You waited for an hour to get your party together, you took 10 minutes to get there, and 30 or more minutes to get this guy to pop. There's no need to try to kill him in 2 minutes unless your party is in serious danger. Let the melees do the work, and keep plenty of MP ready in case something unexpected happens.

Like all ants, he is weak to wind. However, he is a NM, so he'll have tricks up his sleeve. Here are his tricks:
*Ancient Magic - Ouch. Keep shell up, and when you see which spell he's casting, bar that element. Cast Stun or use flat-blade etc. to stop his casting.
*Manafont - You can't stop him from casting. However, from what I read, he does not cast Ancient Magic during this time. I cannot guarantee this though.

Silence him first, and keep silence on him the whole time if you can. Aspir works just fine on him too. Slow and steady wins the race. If you have to chain-nuke on him, just put up stoneskin first so the melees have a chance to get hate back if you don't kill him.

VI. ---- Conclusions and Other Stuff ----
He also drops:
-Adaman Ore - 100k
-Quake - 120k
-StoneIII - 20k
-StonegaIII - 30k
-Shaman's Cloak - Rare/Ex >_>
-Mythril Ore - 1.2k
-Darksteel Ore - ?
*prices from AH-jeuno, midgardsormr, 7/28/04

Shaman's Cloak isn't a very rare drop, but it doesn't drop every time. When I killed it last night, we didn't get it. In fact, if I get it, I probably won't even use it at 61. But this is something I always wanted, but I never knew how hard it was or had the confidence to tell my friends that, Yes, We could DEFINITELY do this easily. This post is my revenge on my own ignorance of this mob, where he lives, and how to kill him. ^^

I hope that this guide was helpful. Sorry if it's a bit wordy or long, but I wanted to cover all the bases. Comments and Corrections are ALWAYS appreciated, because I want to give out the best information possible. Thanks to the FFXI Mystery Tour and LS-Eternal Force for the info. Huge thanks to Daione, and other Allakhazam posters too for putting up some good info as well to supplement the guide.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!
-Raggie

NOTE: I posted this in the BLM forum a week ago.

ps. jako ze mozna niezla kase zdobyc to moze sie skusicie, zawsze to jest jakas alteran tywa poza expem :smile:

Zaciagniete ze stronki: tutaj

PostNapisane: 10 sie 2004, 22:24 
/kneel <Bodziu>

-You have my sword.. ekhm my Katanas!

PostNapisane: 7 paź 2004, 22:41 
bod mowisz o tym poscie ?
nie badz zalosny z tym wyplakiwaniem sie ze wszyscy cie zlali
jakos n-tej ilosci osob udalo sie w czyms pomoc
ani razu nie odswiezyles tematu, wpomniales raz i tyle, chcesz zebysmy my ci zorganizowali ta wyprawe ? jak chcesz ten armorek to wez sie w garsc i rob cos w tym kierunku. Zwlaszcza ze wystarcza do tego nma 3 osoby na waszym lv. Teraz to i tak troche po ptakach bo za 3lv masz black ale przyda sie co capowanych walk zapewnie.
To lezy w twoim interesie wiec sie o to zatroszcz
goodluck

PostNapisane: 7 paź 2004, 23:01 
MOgę pomóc :)

PostNapisane: 7 paź 2004, 23:12 
Jak się przydam...

PostNapisane: 7 paź 2004, 23:16 
na twoim lv wystarczy ze ty i rha pojdziecie, ale mozesz wziasc rdm lub draca co by nie odpoczywac za wiele
pice of cake
tyle ze na spawn mozna i 3h czekac a potem dropu nie dostac... tak jak to bylo z nami :[

heh po 2 miechach przerwy topic przezywa renesans

PostNapisane: 8 paź 2004, 07:58 
He he !
Ciekaw jestem kto by poszedl :((

Mnie to dziwi jedno ten NM rzuca dosc ciekawe itemy i wartosciowe, wiec mozna na tym tez troche kasy zdobyc :)) A mimo to nikt nie chce isc :(
No co do mnie to jak juz gdzies napisalem kampienie przez iles tam godzin NMa to dla mnie nuda, wiec i odpuscilem sobie, aczkolwiek milo by choc przejsc sie i tam sprobowac, potrzebny mi nawet coffer tam na mapke a klucz tez mam, kiedy Nim obiecal ze mi te cofferki pokaze :) Ach coz...

Ale nic, nie jest zle :)) Grunt to zabawa :)

PostNapisane: 8 paź 2004, 08:22 
Bodziu napisał(a):
He he !
Ciekaw jestem kto by poszedl :((

Mnie to dziwi jedno ten NM rzuca dosc ciekawe itemy i wartosciowe, wiec mozna na tym tez troche kasy zdobyc :)) A mimo to nikt nie chce isc :(
No co do mnie to jak juz gdzies napisalem kampienie przez iles tam godzin NMa to dla mnie nuda, wiec i odpuscilem sobie, aczkolwiek milo by choc przejsc sie i tam sprobowac, potrzebny mi nawet coffer tam na mapke a klucz tez mam, kiedy Nim obiecal ze mi te cofferki pokaze :) Ach coz...

bodziek przestac pier???? glupoty bo nie bede z toba gadal

PostNapisane: 8 paź 2004, 09:47 
Bodz moze i obiecalem Ci pokazac cofferek ale wiesz jak sie nie przypominasz to czlowiek zapomina.

PostNapisane: 8 paź 2004, 09:55 
Tak naprawde ten item jest alternatywą do AF- body, czy black cloak ktory czarnuch powinien miec, dodatkowo elemental torque na lv 66, ja nie wiem po ci on bodziu, ale jak bede luzny to moge pomoc.

PostNapisane: 8 paź 2004, 12:32 
Ja moge iść

PostNapisane: 9 paź 2004, 10:44 
Cytuj:
Bodz moze i obiecalem Ci pokazac cofferek ale wiesz jak sie nie przypominasz to czlowiek zapomina.

To ja tez przypomne :]
night cape i 17k (13 odliczam za gatki do kopania)
pozdrowionka 8)