mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 16:56 
Poniżej mały guide z naszego zaprzyjaźnionego forum jak zdobyć RIII.
Niestety juz niedługo będę miał problem co zrobić z R3, bo to jak na skroll kupa kasy - więcej niż wszystkie inne skrole dla WHMa razem wzięte...

----------------------------------
Ok guys. I've done the Lachesis Orb BCNM so many times now that I can do this with minimal loss. The reason for this thread is to help out all the WHMs out there who don't want to pay 2 million gil for the scroll. For all you WHMs out there who do not have R3, I urge you to NEVER EVER EVER consider buying this scroll if it's above 500k. Don't support the higher prices buy farming for this scroll. You don't need it to get into exp parties, and R2 means a loss of at most 800 exp for Lvl 70+. By paying the extraoridnarily high price for R3, you're supporting a bad habit -- the habit of people who actually end up begging for R3 and being the very ones who would sell the scroll needed to help them for outrageous amounts.

So here you are, a mini-howto on the Lachesis Orb BCNM.

General Idea:

Run in, choose a pot to take out among several (all other pots disappear upon engaging one of them). Kill the pot and grab the loot. If you've been to Tu'Lia (sky) then you likely have already fought Aura Pots or similar pot mobs. These pots are no different, except for one thing. They can chainspell. All you have to do is survive the chainspell and you're bound to win.

Ideal PT setup:

White Mage with Erase, with Reraise II or higher, and with Raise II or higher (if you're doing this for a friend, etc), a tank (Paladin is prefered), Stunner (BLM or DRK), Red Mage (with Chainspell and DRK sub), 2 more members (any job). I've found that monks and rangers make good damage dealers. Dark knights and black mages are also good.

Starting:

Decide on a stun order (but exclude the RDM/DRK if you have one).

Before entering the BCNM, cast Reraise II and buff up with Protectra IV and Shellra IV. Max out MP and then enter the BCNM. Decide which pot to fight (more on this later) and then enter the BCNM. Cast the necessary Bar-* spell and then everyone spread out. As soon as you engage a pot, it's possible that it may use *-ga spells or chainspell and then do something horrible. Be ready to stun, and also make sure you don't bunch up so that lots of people get hit by big *-ga spells (should someone forget to stun). Have all mages cure 2 and/or cure 3 the tank -- regardless of his HP EXCEPT the RDM/DRK if you have one. RDM/DRK should save MP and stun for chainspell.

Surviving Chainspell:

At some point in the battle, the pot WILL use chainspell. It WILL spam ancient magic and level 3 or level 4 *-ga spells and single target spells. During this stage there are several ways to stay alive.

1) Have the RDM subbing DRK chainspell and spam stun. The WHM and any other magic users should concentrate solely on keeping the RDM and the tank alive. With an RDM/DRK, however, you should have absolutely NO trouble whatsoever surviving the pot's chainspell.

2) If you have a RNG, have everyone immediately disengage. Let the RNG Shadowbind the pot and then everyone get out of casting range (I normally head toward the entrance into the BCNM). Chainspell only lasts 30 seconds. Make sure that you keep all melees unbound (i.e. you need Erase).

3) If you fight the earth pot, you _CAN_ silence it. You _CAN_ also Gravity it to buy you time.

If your party wipes to chainspell:

Do not exit the BCNM if things go badly. It's fairly common to lose your tank and then have the whole party wipe. This is where Reraise 2 comes in. Once everyone is dead, you will lose aggro. Use Reraise 2 and get your party up -- starting with the person who can refresh, then the tank, then the stunner, and then everyone else. Even if the pot is back to full HP, it can no longer use Chainspell. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get everone back up to full HP, but you can start killing the pot even before that. The fight itself only takes a maximum of 5 minutes (1 minute if things go well).

The key to winning is to simply persevere. If people die, do not worry. Just get up and try again because the pot does not aggro unless you engage or re-engage.

Some thoughts on deciding on PT setups and which pot to fight.

1) Avoid fighting a pot on its elemental day. Choose a pot that is weak to the day's element.

2) Earth pots are probably the easiest because elemental seal + silence CAN silence it. They don't bind and they don't gravity, so it makes the Shadowbin and running away technique very doable.

3) RNGs can do very hefty damage to pots, as can monks. I've had a PT wipe and asked our MNK to 2-hour with only 5 minutes left... and we won. DRKs are also good -- have them sub THF and use Guillotine for good damage.

4) Tank-wise, I prefer PLDs. In order for them to hold hate (so the pot doesn't start nuking random people) all while being cure-bombed by mages, they have to cure themselves, flash, and voke. Blink tanks are nice, but they have fewer tools to grab hate should the cure-bombing grab the pot's attention. Blink tanks _CAN_ tank this BCNM, however.

Most importantly, have fun. This isn't the best moneymaker, but it has some decent drops for us mages. Besides R3, you can sometimes get Raxa (Black Cloak ingreadient), Rainbow Cloth, Gold Thread (i.e. ingredients used in our armor), and some other decent drops (woth around 50-70k a piece). Remember, keep your cool. You have 30 minutes to kill a mob that normally takes 2-3, and at most 5 minutes.

And yes, I finally got R3 today (partly the reason why I'm wrting this mini-howto).
----------------------------------

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 17:02 
Konsekwencje inflacji ale przede wszystkim nierelnego podnoszenia ceny RaiseIII - ciekawe kiedy na Ramuhu.

-------------------------
On Carbuncle server, for a few nights in a row now, there's been no teleporters available. Tonight, the revolution began. A lone voice:

/shout Teleport-Dem Teleport-Holla Teleport-Mea 2,000 gil
/shout Teleport-Vazhl Teleport-Yhoat Teleport-Altep 5,000 gil

Much complaining ensued. Someone fool shouted that whm are supposed to be there to serve him. Bad move. Now other whm's join in, 2000/5000 for teleports. When I logged out, there were 3 or 4 competing taxi's, all at 2000/5000. One was undercutting for 1999/4999, and another offering half price for windurst citizens on windsday. Some of the people advertising the new pricing were the regulars, the old 'whm union' who'd send nasty /tell's to people if they tried to change pricing.

I asked a few of them how the business was. There was still a lot of people /shout'ing that the price was too high, why did prices raise, "I'll walk for that price". To my suprise, everyone I asked was getting steady business. 30k in 40 minutes one said, 25k said another.

Is this the new price structure? It's selling. The gil is good. No problems yet with people trying to sell 500/1000 either, after all who would want to when people are willing to pay 2000/5000?
-------------------------

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 17:10 
U nas cena podskoczyla od 15.01.2005 do dzisiaj z 1.200.000 gil na 1.700.000 gil. Ściema.

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 17:11 
Półtorej miesiąca temu R3 kosztował jakies 100-150k - jakbym wiedział to kupiłbym z 5 sztuk ^^, albo chociaz jedną... :evil:

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 17:25 
tia tak samo jak na innych serwrach podobno SH bylo po 500k a z BCNMow wypadal speed belt shining cloth i peakok charm....

a to o whmach to juz wogole sciema maxymalna..

raise 3 albo zostalo okrojone co do mozliwosci zdobycia albo poprostu whmow 70+ jesst duzo wiecej, a wraz z inflacja (prawie wszysko drozeje, zwlaszcza luksusowe itemki) cena jest rozsadna...

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/5145

innym sposobem moze byc zbidowanie go od HNM lsu takeigo jak SW :] przy walce z kirinem

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 21:32 
Najnormalniejsza sprawa na swiecie - jak popyt, to podniesienie cen. Sam sie dziwilem. ze chlopaki brali tylko po 500g za teleport. To znaczy, z jednej strony dziwilem sie ze brali cokolwiek, ale jak juz biora, to dlaczego tak malo, skoro popyt jest.

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 22:56 
Że też nie dociągnęłam postaci do raise3 :)

Ale ja i tak bym nie umiała za to kasy wziąć :( Chlip..
Nie nadaję sie do tej gry ;)

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 23:44 
A po ile jest R3 w AH na Ramuhu? Dopolki nie podniasa cen i u nas mozna by tak kupic pare scrolli na AH i sprzedac jak podniasa ceny. Chyba bedzie moza zarobic troche :roll:

PostNapisane: 24 sty 2005, 23:59 
Nam ostatnio droplo z Adamantkinga.
Poszlo za 1,6mil.

PostNapisane: 25 sty 2005, 00:01 
Gorzej jak kupisz i spadna... to nie takie drobne jednak aby ryzykowac.

To raczej zabawa dla spekulantow co obracaja dziesiatkami milionow i maja kilka, kilkanascie altow.

PostNapisane: 26 sty 2005, 19:47 
Idril ? :)
postac oczka jest ciagle aktywna ? ile ten typ ma Woodworking ? :]

PostNapisane: 27 sty 2005, 22:32 
W tym miesiącu jeszcze aktywna, ale nie wiem czy uaktywni w lutym.

Jego się pytaj, ile ma WW :)

PostNapisane: 28 sty 2005, 09:55 
Raise III u nas już 2 miliony kosztuje :evil:

PostNapisane: 28 sty 2005, 17:42 
Za 2 lvl maina i 12 lvl suba mozesz liczyć na RDM/DRK z chainspell stun.
Ja licze że po tej walce dostane Raise III :) bo po tym JA+Spell sądze że żaden tank na świecie nie zdejmie ze mnie hate :D

PostNapisane: 28 sty 2005, 17:53 
zdejmie inviciblem :D