mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 20 lut 2004, 12:38 
I think it becomes difficult since I can't type in Hiragana, Katakana or Kanji, so I have to write it out in Roomaji. I wish I could type in the actual alphabet. Because, even if I don't remember the pronunciantions of the Kanji, it wouldn't matter if I could just type the Kanji.

Of course, I spend most my time translating Japanese, so I'm much better at reading it (with some time to look up things I don't know and piece the meaning together) than writing it and I'm used to looking at the letters. Going from reading it to writing it in Roomaji in real time is awkward because I don't get enough practice. I often end up knowing how to say parts of sentences but not knowing a word or which particle I should use.

I think that Japanese players will appreciate the effort anyway *^^* I hope there will be some sort of ability to type in the Japanese alphabet for us English-playing folk sometime in the future. I would LOVE to try it.

For some peoples:

____ wa doko desu ka? (Where is ____?)
____ ikura desu ka? (How much is ____?)
Anata wa eigo o hanashimasu ka? (Do you speak English?)
Nihongo o wakarimasen. (I don't understand Japanese.)

Hajimemash*te. ("Pleasure to meet you." Something you say the first time you meet someone.)
Douzo yoroshiku. ("Please be nice to me". Sounds funny in English, but it's a standard Japanese thing.)
Arigatou gozaimasu. (A polite thank you. Try to be polite; it's important.)
Sumimasen ("Excuse me". I'd say it means closest to that because it can be used to get someone's attention or to apologize).

And if you learn nothing else, when a party member is dead and a Japanese player is there, and has ĄěĄ¤Ąş and a question mark at the end of the sentence, learn to say:
Onegai ("I beg of you". Like saying "Please" in English.)
They're most likely asking you if you want a raise. Some may just say "ĄěĄ¤Ąş?" Others will have a complete sentence. But learnt o recognize ĄěĄ¤Ąş. I was dead once and had a Japanese player ask that, and no matter how many times I told my party to just say "Onegai" (cause, you know, I was dead and it was hard to say it) they didn't catch on and the Japanese player left.

PostNapisane: 20 lut 2004, 13:07 
あなた輪英語お話します課?
Uczyc sie uczyc :smile:

PostNapisane: 20 lut 2004, 16:13 
babel ma calkiem fajny translator tylko by trza drugi komp miec obok :smile: