mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 6 paź 2004, 10:54 
Over the Hills and Far Away
Antreneau (Rusty Anchor Pub, Port San d'Oria)

Antreneau's Uncle Louverance set out on a journey to cross the Uleguerand Range quite some time ago. Antreneau tells you that the other side of the mountains can be reached through a cave found on the slopes of Thousandfall Ridge...

Okay, in order to participate in this quest you must have first completed the To Cure A Cough quest.

Travel to the house that is located west of Amaura's in Port San d'Oria (G-6). On the nightstand of the upstairs bedroom is a diary; read Page 4 of the diary.

After you have read the Page 4 of the diary, go to the "Rusty Ancor Pub" in Northern San d'Oria and talk with Antreneau (G-7). He says the following:

Antreneau:
"Beans, beans, and more beans. If the world were not in this sorry state, my connections with the count would have me seated at a banquet table. Will not Uncle Louverance restore the Knights Mistalle to our former glory in the foreseeable future? An age has passed since he left on his journey to the north… What's this? You wish to hear more of my uncle? You have strange interests for an adventurer, friend. If you wish to learn more about my uncle, why not meet with him in person? He can be found somewhere beyond the Uleguerand Range, north of Xarcabard. The Orcish forces passed over the Uleguerand Range to stage their invasion into Quon. Several hundred years ago, during their efforts to halt the Orcs' advances through the mountain, the Royal Knights drew a map of the area. Access to this map is strictly controlled, and it cannot be freely borrowed. The cartography was based on intelligence gathered in the conflict with the Orcish Empire… and perusal of the map will reveal the Royal Knights' battle tactics. Due to the return of Lord Excenmille-and his report that the Orcish Empire's strength far exceeds our estimates-the map has been placed under even tighter security. In the case of my uncle, his problem was solved by the appearance of a man who offered to guide him across the mountains. According to that guide, the northern side of the Uleguerand Range can be reached through the tunnels that wind beneath the Thousandfall Ridge. If you truly intend to meet with my uncle, tell him his nephew, Antreneau, worries for him and wishes for his swift return."

Before heading off to Uleguerand, make sure you've obtained a Moblin Hotrok (Rare/Ex) from Oldton Movalpolos. These are dropped off Moblin Ashman quite frequently.

Once you've obtained your Moblin Hotrok, head to Uleguerand Range from (F-7) in Xarcabard.

Even for those who are Lvl.75, you're going to get aggro if you're not careful. This zone is crowded with monsters; Demons, Buffalo, Tigers, and Snolls all aggro to site. Raptors aggro to site and sound; bats aggro to sound. The Brontotaur-monster types (DC and IT to 75s) are True Site (able to see through Invisible) and can aggro from quite a distance, so steer very clear of them. These can also cast the spell of Doom on you, which counts down 10 seconds before you fall over dead. You can occassionally counter Doom with the spell Cursna and by using a vial of Holy Water.

Once in Uleguerand, you'll need to make your way couter-clockwise across the zone, slowly climbing to the top of the Thousandfall Ridge. You may notice once you zone into Uleguerand that a very large slope (see picture above and look at the map for reference) appears to your north. This is the southern slope. There are two little moguls on the left side of this southern slope and a cave at the top-right. Below the slope's dropoff are two bottom cave entrances. You're aiming to "snowboard" down the Thousandfall Ridge, the path being indicated by the red arrow in the above screenshot, and land on the small ledge protruding from the bottom cave.

However, during my trip through Uleguerand I actually entered the small cave located on the southern slope and worked my way through a series of mountain tunnels to another cave that exits on the western slope. From there I was able to slide down the western slope and enter a cave similar to the one that is located at the bottom of the southern slope.

Please keep in mind that once you start down the slope, you're committed. You can steer a little to the left and right and you can even slow your descent by running against gravity, but if you misjudge your distance and your direction, you will miss the outcropped cave ledge and have to climb back up the entire mountain.

Once you have entered one of the bottom caves (either from the southern or the western slope) make your way to (F-8) and scan for a ???. Once you have the ??? selected, examining it will offer you the following text:

You see something glittering beneath the surface of the ice.
There are many cold Moblin hotrocks scattered around the area.
Could someone be trying to melt the ice to retrieve what lies beneath?

Next, trade your Moblin Hotrok to the ???. You will get the following cutscene:
The ice melts to reveal a bejeweled dagger of great power.

Louverance:
"Not so fast, adventurer. That blade belongs to me. It was left to me by my father. I dropped that dagger long ago, and this is the sorry state I found it in. Every time I managed to get my hands on a Moblin hotrok, I returned here to continue my efforts to melt the ice. It appears the Moblin hotrok you brought did the trick. Hm? Why do you look at me like that? Have we met before? So, you have spoken with my nephew. I cannot believe you were taken in, as well. It was not Antreneau who deceived you, of course. It was the tale of that mountain guide. That man led me here, assuring that the caves could be followed to the land beyond the Uleguerand Range. I supposed he believed that I would be easily defeated after the punishing trek through the mountains. I may have lost my dagger, but I did not lose my life that day. The deal that my guide proposed was far too beneficial for the both of us… but such talk aside, would you be willing to trade that dagger for this map of the Uleguerand Range? It was secretly copied from the original map of the Royal Knights, and is surprisingly accurate. It was drawn without the strategic markings, however. One last thing, adventurer. Please tell my nephew to be patient a little while longer. I bid you farewell!"

Return to Port San d'Oria and talk to Antreneau. Congratulations, this horrible little quest is over.

Reward: A Map of Uleguerand Range
Pre-requisites: To Cure A Cough & Chains of Promathia Expansion Pack
Title Received:
Repeatable: No

PostNapisane: 6 paź 2004, 11:04 
Niebezpieczny quest - szczegolnie jesli chodzi o doom - trza spamowac cursna i holy water.
Ktos chetny na ten lv ? :) Ja tam sie wogole nie wybieramelm narazie ^^;

PostNapisane: 6 paź 2004, 11:26 
Ide tam dzisiaj - quest wziety, itemik rdy ... ^^

PostNapisane: 6 paź 2004, 19:10 
w zyciu nigdy!!! :D

PostNapisane: 6 paź 2004, 20:09 
No i se poszedlem :/
Qrcze impossible. Jak ktos chce isc to radze postacia lvl 1 + olejki i prismy

PostNapisane: 7 paź 2004, 05:17 
Obrazek

PostNapisane: 14 lis 2004, 14:31 
Udalo mi sie zdobyc mape, co to byla za wyprawa! :wink:

Na sama gore dostac sie nie jest strasznie trudno a stwory z True Sightem traca go jak sie im przechodzi za plecami...

Pierwsze dwie otwarte przestrzenie przebiegamy na niewidzialności, w tunelach górskich sneak aby oszukać nietoperki. Na trzeciej otwartej przestrzeni mamy do czynienia ze stworami z True Sight ale nie jest ich duzo plus całkiem blisko mozna im się przesliznąc za plecami (Może tylko ninja ze względu na sneak- passive ability zmniejszajace szanse wykrycia? Nie wiem.). Kiedy wbiegamy na sama górę skręcamy w prawo i po ominięciu Jormungarda dalej kierujemy się w prawo.

Po dojściu do krawędzi najwiekszy problem to zjazd na sam dol tak aby spasc na jedna z dwoch półek, ktore sa nie do zobaczenia z gory, trzeba sobie odpowiednio wymierzyc odleglosc albo zjezdzac na dol caly czas hamowac (klawisze/galka w przeciwnym kierunku niz sie zsuwamy) i rozglądać się za lekkim wybrzuszeniem krawędzi. Tam spadamy a potem błądzimy po jaskini i w końcu znajdujemy ??? gdzie robimy trade Moblin Hotrok. Po scence dostajemy mapkę.

Jak spadniemy na sam dół to czeka nas ponowna szansa na obejrzenie Jormungarda (kiedy go będziemy drugi raz mijać, hehe).

Powodzenia.