mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 25 wrz 2003, 14:20 
Orcs with Spell Books, Level 49 Quest 1.65D

Tonight my companions and I ventured into unknown lands in search of quests known to Albion only through rumor. This quest starts on Inishail Island, west of the beaches of Gwydnneau.

Inishail Island is reached by Dragonfly from Clifton which is reached by Dragonfly from Diogel. You must have good Lammia faction.

Receive the quest from Veena, a named Lammia sequestered on Inishail Island at /loc 49747, 49073. Head due east from the landing zone to get there once in Inishail.
You'll find her near a willow on a small hill near a beach surrounded by inishail flies.

First you have to do a quick lower level kill quest which is simple enough so I will not detail it here. All the mobs you must kill are in the immediate area and you'll get a decent bracer, I believe the quest is about level 36.

##Veena says, "Oh good, you've returned! First, I must thank you for helping us gather what we needed to make an antidote for the poison the orcs were using. You have no idea how much it helped us. We were able to risk sending [scouts] closer to their camp to find out what they're doing."
##Veena says, "We've had some very interesting reports come back with the scouts. Apparently when the orcs fled to that part of the island, they discovered an ancient Avalonian temple that was mostly buried. I know this sounds unlikely for orcs, but they seem to be excavating it, and I believe they must have found some [ancient inscriptions]."
##Veena says, "Yes, or something similar, because our scouts report that the orcs have been experimenting with what appear to be old, Avalonian [rituals]. I'm not entirely sure what they're attempting, but we have a few leads."
##Veena says, "Some of our scholars have been studying the reports, and while we can't confirm it yet, they feel that the orcs have found some kind of summoning ritual, and that they are trying to summon an [undead orc hero] to come and destroy us!"
##Veena says, "That may not be the case, but we don't have time to speculate about it any more. We need your help to [put a stop] to this before it gets out of hand."

##You have been given the Orcs with Spellbooks quest.

##Veena says, "The leaders of the rituals are the orc soothsayers. Please find whatever Avalonian texts they are using for their rituals and return them to me. This will let us decide on a course of action."

You need to goto the Orc Camp in the northwest corner of the island. To get there, /faceloc 12800 17990 and work your way through the swamp and then around the orc patrols into the camp until you see orc soothsayers.

They will con yellow to 50. The cast a darkness nuke and an ae str/con debuff among other things. They will attempt to kite you until you engage them in melee, it helps to have ranged attackers with you. You should have no difficulty with them. Make sure you get an Avalonian Tome in your inventory and head back to Veena with it.

When you return to her she will ask you for the tome. Give it to her.

##Veena says, "Did you find any Avalonian [texts] on the orc soothsayers?"
##Veena says, "Hand me the Avalonian tome you found."
You target [Veena]
You examine Veena. She is neutral towards you.
##Veena says, "This is incredible. This is an ancient Avalonian spellbook. Give me just a [moment] to read over the tome."
##Veena says, "I see. There is a way we can disrupt their ritual. I need you to retrieve a stinger from a buzzing nuisance. They can be found east of the orc excavation site."

So, head east of the site. From your current location /faceloc 23539 13273 and you will start running into the little yellow-red con buggers. A warning to you, remain on the perimeter of the camp and pull them out. Otherwise you will find that they suddenly pop on top of you my the dozen and you will dai IRL.

Once you receive a stinger in your inventory, head back to Veena and give the little snake lady your stinger.

##Veena says, "Hand me the Nuisance Stinger."
##Veena says, "This will do. I needed it to scribe the proper spell to counteract the ritual the orcs are using to raise their long dead hero. There is one more thing that needs to be done. I need you to proceed to the excavation and kill Chieftan Toca."

Cheiftain Toca is back at the Excavation Site (see appx loc above) in the large brown hut surrounded by many an orcish nasty. He's a purple con and a tough fight. We took him down with 2 clerics, 2 paladins, a supar-melee scout, and a friar, and it was a close battle due to a repop of orcs mid battle. The most important tip I can give you is to kill his summoned orange con pet first because he hits like a truck. Once you get him down, damage control becomes much easier. Keep curing disease and you'll be able to manage things easier, and eventually, the chieftain will fall. Back to Veena you go. You will now receive your award, a shiny new breastplate which isn't all that bad, and is definitely very pink.

The scout (me), our second cleric (me) and our second paladin didn't receive the reward because the quest is bugged on pendragon and when we helped people catch up to us it advanced us to a non-existant step 0 and we couldn't complete the quest.

Depending on your class it will vary, but generally speaking it will have:

25 primary stat
18 secondary stat
48 hits
7% resist
65 delve lifetap reactive proc (body damage)

Paladin Reward: Str 25, Con 18, Body 7%, Hits 48
Cleric Reward: Pie 25, Con 18, Matter 7%, Hits 48
Friar Reward: Pie 25, Con 18, Spirit 7%, Hits 48

Thanks to Airy, Mirabel, Raterich and Vector for accompanying me on this quest.