mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 21 lut 2005, 19:43 
Na oficjalnym forum Mourning pojawil sie egomancera dot. premiery i obecnego stanu gry. Copy & paste:

State of the Game

This is the list of features that will be ingame when we will commercially launch Mourning.

Feature List:
1. The world. The world is completed.
Currently the world has 4 realms:
a. the human area which has a temperate climate
b. the orc area which is a desert/bad lands area
c. the winter area where dwarves are located
d. the elven area - a deep forest area

2. Combat system
- melee combat - done
- magic combat
3. Monsters/AI - done.
4. Factions. - done
5. Four player races:
- human male/female - done
- elf male/female - done
- orc male/female - done
- dwarf male/female - done
6. Bloodlines - done
7. Quests (both LGM and NPC). - done (currently we are revamping the system a little to add more features to the quest system)
8. Mounts and Travel - done
9. Player economy - done
10. Player guild system (orders)
- ability to make orders - done
- ability to add, remove, promote, demote etc members to orders - done
- ability to leave an order - done
- ability to put the order insignia on shields, cloaks - in progress
- order chat - done
12. Crafting skills.
- Armorcrafting - done
- Weaponcrafting - done
- Jewelry - done
- Alchemy - done
- Resource Harvesting - done
- Resource Refining - in progress
13. Fame system - in progress
14. Master/apprentice system. -in progress
15. Item degradation system. - in progress
16. Player made quests/bounties/auctions - in progress
17. Armor system, including skill base and layers. - done

During the last few months (starting with September) due to some internal issues we had to make a few changes to the team. With those changes we decided that it was time to make some changes to the server architecture. That has been completed and we are currently improving systems to fit the new architecture. This was decided because the code will be much easier to debug after we launch the game.

As you may see there are a few features that are listed as "in progres". We may push the launch date back a few days because we are behind with the schedule in some areas ,however, the game will be launched with these features in progress. We will do our best to make complete them fully as soon as possible. Realistically speaking the first 2-3 weeks we will be concentrating on fixing all the bugs that may spring up on the server.

As I am writing this message the game is scheduled for a 28 February release.

Secondly - the number of servers will be 2 at launch. Each server will support 2000 players. We will have an beta before the game starts it's paid period.
Because there will only be 4000 beta slots - The people who have pre ordered will be allowed in first.
After we reach 4500 testers we will close the beta download. I understand that this does not sound very cool, but we would have well over 30,000 people trying to get into 4000 slots, which would be very frustrating for the people waiting.

The plan is to implement all the systems that are still in progress within the first 6 months from the moment we start the paid subscription for Mourning. If things progress properly by then we will make a free update/exp to the game (with a new realm and features).
We plan to make updates to the game every 2 weeks with the features that we implement or with fixes (of course - the server will be patched daily during the first days after launch if any errors spring up).

Gireada Andrei
Mourning
Project Manager

PostNapisane: 21 lut 2005, 19:59 
Cytuj:
As I am writing this message the game is scheduled for a 28 February release.

To kiedy oni chca robic ta bete?

PostNapisane: 21 lut 2005, 20:25 
No wlasnie nie wiadomo co i jak :< Beta miala byc tydzien przed premiera... Wyglada na to, ze bete chca zrobic jak najkrotsza i jak najmniejsza, zeby malo kto przed zakupem dowiedzial sie jaki gniocik im wyszedl. Obym sie mylil....

Swoja droga ''optymisci'' z nich jak na samym poczatku nastawiaja sie na cale 4k graczy, ale w sumie czemu sie dziwic, jak gra nie uzyskala zadnego rozglosu, malo kto o niej slyszal i cokolwiek wie :\

PostNapisane: 21 lut 2005, 22:24 
Z tej listy ktora podali i tak czesc z tych rzeczy wcale nie jest jeszcze dodana lub jest ale w ogole nie dziala, zapomnieli napisac o tym ze gra jest calkowicie niestabilna, o bledach graficznych i masie innych rzeczy.

Zreszta o czym mowa jak narazie NIC z rzeczy z listy nie zostalo dodanych, devsi moze gdzies to maja ale nie przejdzie to wczesniej zadnych beta testow, devsi planuja dodac wszystko jednym patchem.