mmorpg.pl

Autor Wiadomość

PostNapisane: 13 maja 2004, 21:21 
Tak.. pobiegałem ciut dziś i widziałem kilku redów w miastach na fell i tak pustych :/. Nie do końca jestem przekonany czy to coś zmieni?
A poza tym zniknął domek Wybucha... !!?? omg ale mi się smutno zrobiło :sad:

Warhammer - Daks [rip]
UO Daktor =0= [rip]
i cały inny shit [rip]

PostNapisane: 13 maja 2004, 21:32 
Ogolnie to pod Yew jakos sie pozmienialo, nie ma juz gankow z domku za to sa ganki blue. Tak na prawde to nie pojawia sie tam nikt bez fc 4 jesli jest red i chce chwile pozyc (sam) Przez chwile byl wiekszy gank red ale jakos szybko sie posypal, a do tego raczej czekali az jakis blue zaatakuje.
Na jakies konkretne zmiany i tak pewnie trzeba bedzie poczekac do Pub 25

Jesli chodzi o bola to w ganku jeden koles caly czas biegal ze swampem za nim i zucal w redow, a reszta starala sie go dopasc (4 vs 1 - i tak im zwial).

Wybuch przeprowadzil sie na Ice, wiec jest raczej optymistycznie. Robi sie silne osiedle, narazie bez wydazen spolecznych typu straszenie sasiadow ale mysle ze wspolnota sie jeszcze rozwinie :eek:

<font size=-1>[ Ta wiadomość została zmieniona przez: per dnia 2004-05-13 22:36 ]</font>

PostNapisane: 13 maja 2004, 22:30 
czesc Dak z tym domkiem to dluga historia i ten stary oczywiscie zniknal bo Wybuch postawil nowy 18/18 :razz: hehe niedlugo cale Ice bedzie oblezone Vemkami hehehe

PostNapisane: 14 maja 2004, 21:39 
stary domek postawie na mule acc
ale musze jeszce odczekac 5 dni nim bede
mogl postawic :sad:

PostNapisane: 14 maja 2004, 23:45 
Nie do końca jestem przekonany czy to coś zmieni?

Po wejsciu redow do miast na SP zmienilo sie tyle, ze bluebies zamiast kampowac przy moongate'ach i na obrzezach guardzone, zaczeli kampowac banki.

PostNapisane: 18 maja 2004, 11:01 
Zmiany po pub25:

Fast Cast cap 2. Protection cap 0. We need feedback for paladins and necromancy! We know they're broken with regards to faster casting and cast recovery.

Spell Damage Increase cap (PvP only, not PvM):
Int bonus 1% per 10, Inscription bonus 10% max, and SDI 15% max. This gives you the opportunity to flesh out your armor suits with more variety, while not being overpowered in PvP.

Spell Damage averages will drop, so this makes the healing skill overpowered due to the bandage interuption damage value being too high. It should be adjusted downard to a breakage around 3rd or 4th circle spells when SDI is maxed. We want feedback of thoughts on this subject! A preliminary value of 19 damage instead of 26 damage to break will be implemented for testing. This is the value we found with testing to be just about right (lightning bolt random damage range).

Special moves will have a delay of 3 seconds between moves. This is an attempt to balance interuption, disarm, bleed, etc... Is this too conservative? Should the delay be customized to a special move based on its power?

We know that parrying a special move (mages with shields) is draining folks of their special move costs. We'll want to address this issue, as well. Probably not available when on a test center soon, but this needs discussion.

Swamp dragons will no longer protect against PvP damage, but will work in PvM.

Lower mana cost has balance issues. Please discuss this, as well...

Dexterity and stamina bonuses stacked on top of each other allows folks to get up in the 180's with their stamina. The swing speed increase bonus stacked on top of this makes swing rates too fast. What would you like to see in regards to this issue? A cap on stamina? A cap on swing rates?

Wrestling damage is low. Potions are underpowered, in some cases (with 50% increase potions bonus).

Spell channeling weapons need clarification, actually.

FC weapons with no spell channeling are being fixed, if that's what you're talking about.

Wszystko mozna przetestowac na shardzie Pvp

PostNapisane: 19 maja 2004, 08:12 
Nowe zmiany:

And here are the balance tweaks we wish to test!
All stats capped at 150.

Lower Mana Cost: Cap 40%.

Hit Chance Increase / Defense Chance Increase: Capped at 45%.

Damage increase: Cap 100%

Swing speed increase: Cap 30% (we know this breaks dryad bow and the maul...we'll talk about this in the future, but not this thread).

Cure spell: Way overpowered. Use potions (see below).

120 magery attempting to heal level 5 is now a 25% chance. 120 magery level 4 is 58% chance. 120 magery level 3 is 91% chance. Level 2 and 1 are 100%.

100 magery level 5 is 10% chance. Level 4 - 43%. Level 3 - 76%. Level 2 and 1 are 100%.

Cure potions: Enhanced potions property was having the OPPOSITE effect. It is bugged currently on production shards. Fixed for Hanse's PvP. Increased effectiveness of the potions, as well, due to the cure spell being lowered.

Bandages: Uses 26 hp point range for PvM and PVP pets.

Sling your ideas around! I wanted to get wrestling enhancements in, disarm, regen caps, reveal skill based, tracking skill based, healing potion increases, special move delays, and parry issues resolved, but we'll look at doing them later this week.

and..

Ethereal mounts are in your bank boxes! It's up now!
and..

Yes, we want to make potions stackable in the future. That would alleviate having to have them spread out all over your backpack or in singles in the same spot in your backpack.
and...

Thanks for the hint at that bug. I found the problem. It was using the target's magery for successful cast instead of the caster. Probably was that way since the last cure spell change. I fixed it, but it's not up yet. Probably with the next round of fixes...
and...

We'll be doing a testing/tweaking pass with SP ruleset during the process of getting Publish 25 balanced.
We have ideas for Paladin balancing, but I'm still debating them. It's mostly a faster casting issue, since the caps are slightly different for them. Although, some spells may need individual tweaking and damage increases/decreases. I've got a spreadsheet to review for them. Oaks and I will discuss them in more depth when we have analyzed our data versus mages/necros/warriors/dexers/archery...

PostNapisane: 19 maja 2004, 11:31 
hci/dci cap 45% ? :sad:
znowu nie bede nikogo trafial czy sie myle ?
Fajne zmiany, gra znowu bedzie playable nawet bez artow
ide testowac dalej :wink:

PostNapisane: 21 maja 2004, 10:56 
Parry now has a penalty of 1% to its chance per each dexterity point below 80. Minimum chance is 30% of the original parry rate at maximum parry skill and 10 dex. No bonuses for being over 79 dex, though. We'll evaluate this change on Hanse's PvP.

There was a problem with special moves taking more mana outside the 3 second timer. This has been fixed. There is NO delay to use moves, as some folks have suggested in this thread. It just takes more mana if you are in the 3 second timer between moves.

If a person parries your special move, it should not take mana for the move. Please test this and let me know if you find problems.

Reveal spell now works like this:
Always reveals invisible targets, if they're within range of the reveal target location.

Compares Hiding and Stealth vs Magery and Detect Hidden for successful reveal.

I looked at tracking and it's going to take more work than I expected to get it fixed. We'll look at this soon.

That's it for today's changes! I am very pleased with the cure feedback we're seeing. I'm not happy with the current implementation. Noxin's points about being able to interupt Arch cure is a valid point. We'll evaluate it more, as well.

and&#8230;

Another quick balance change for the day, healing potions...
Healing potions currently heal an unpredictable amount of damage. Greater heals range are 10 - 30 HP. Lesser heals are near to worthless.

To correct this, the following tweaks are available today on Hanse's PvP.

Lesser: 6-8 damage heal; 3 second delay instead of 10...
Normal: 13-16 damage heal; 8 second delay instead of 10
Greater: 20-25 damage heal; 10 second delay...

This gives lesser potions a reason to be used in PvP. Also, the average damage was raise slightly (1-2 points) over time. It's not very significant, with the tightening of the damage ranges.

The message that you must wait 10 seconds would require a patch to fix. I've left it in, but it will be fixed for pub 25, if this change goes in.

and&#8230;

&#8230;If you bump your dex to 30, you are 50% effective with parry. It's still worthwhile to have on a mage. We've been testing it on Hanse's PvP and found it's a great middle-ground for such a powerful move that warriors should be able to take full advantage of.

PostNapisane: 1 cze 2004, 10:38 
Fajny tekst z Powergamers:

Originally Pub25 was going to just be some basic FC, SDI, maybe HCI caps. Since then, alot of people(myself included) have been very happy with Hanse. He has listened to players and added neat things to test Center, like kill/death counters and such.

But then people prodded him for other stuff, stuff that needs to be looked at, but not if it interferes with Pub25.

Wither and Holy Light were first victims, with increased casting times, yet Necro spells are unaffected by FC, so people outrun Wither area as it is cast. Holy Light is declared balanced and is supposedly balanced for Paladins that get FC up to 4. This leads to future Paly vs Mage FC issues(as covered below).

Archery was examined, and the arrows that never land once you fire and start moving before they hit...that got fixed. Good.

HCI rates were looked at and capped at 60, and then 45. Ok, good. Stamina is still uncapped and 2sec bandaging and blender swing speeds and still out of control. "No big deal", I think, "because he will get to it eventually".

Then Parry suddenly gets nerfed, BIGTIME, for mages. Younow need 80 DEX(!!!) to use parry to full effectiveness. Every point of dex below 80 and parry is 1% less effective, with Parry still blocking a minimum of 10%. Wow, that kills Parry on Mages. 100-120 points down the drain. Even if you build a suit that adds to your DEX, a Curse will reduce your work/DEX, even with high resist. The Dexers of Stratics go crazy with joy. More and more pip up about various pvp changes that should take place. While there is some logic and reason to some posts, the majority and fucking dexers that don't even know the basic mechanics of the game, and they are argueing points that make no sense. Let's skip Parry for a moment...

Poisoning gets a boost. I can see the logic. 100 points invested in poisoning only to have it instantly cured. but the changes are WAY overboard. This is where I start losing faith. Cure rates for DP and lethal are insanely low, even for 120 magery. Not that everyone out there runs with 120 magery. Chiv, at this point still cures 100%. I should also mention stamian suits are still unchecked. So now dexers are running Test unchecked.

Archcure is changed, to increase cure rates. Archcure acts like normal cure does now, but casts slower. Hanse moves Archcure to 3rd Circle casting speeds. Still to slow with 150+ stamina dexers with max HCI and some SSI.

People mention that 100%+ Reflect Physical suits are appearing(due to free artifacts and runic hammers in banks). Damage dealt from dexers is dealing more damage back to dexers then they receive, when smacking someone wearing 100%+ Reflect Physical suits. I don't see this acknowledged by Hanse. "Oh well, he will get to something obvious like that soon.", I think. Moving on...

During this ENTIRE time, parrymages are crying foul about parry changes, with 2/6 cap. Constantly it is brought up that Chiv mages will become the future with 4/6+ Close Wound and Cleanse by Fire. It goes unheard til now. Instead of capping Chiv at 2/6, hanse adds an artificial check for magery, and a template with more then 70 magery suddenly starts casting Chiv spells at 2/6, instead of 4/6. This further excites the absolutely happy dexers. Keep in mind that now Paladins can cast Chiv spells better then mages, UO's primary casters, can cast. Plus 2 second bandaging is still in effect and outrageous cure rates(something like 20 or 30% at 120 magery, 10% at GM magery against Lethal. Nevyn can correct me if this is wrong).

Then Chiv is changed from karma-based success, to skill based success, meaning Cleanse by Fire cures are now based on amount of Chiv you have. Of course this means redscan now pick up Chiv and be equally effective. Paladin cure rates are still WAY more effective then magery cures. 120 Chiv fails Lethal cures 10%, and successrate quickly ramps up to 100% as poison levels drop, even with lower Chiv skill levels.

Poison is still unchecked. Dexers are poisoning, disrupting, hit-spelling, Bleeding, and bandaging selves with 2sec bandages. Peopl begin making Poison dexers on production shards. Notice the poison powergamign threads that have popped up here recently? Makes me laugh and cry.

Ok, Archers are now reporting good numbers of kills, which is good, finally. Archertank mages start appearing. Archers still complain if miss-ates, swearing there is somethign wrong with the code. hanse jumps into the code and find zero wrong with it. It uses same code that all other melee uses.

Somewhere amid this(a bit before this point in time), it is worth mentioning that Archers are promised Lower Ammo Cost property to ease arrow usage costs, and to replace the UBWS property that used to spawn on bows. Archers rejoice, but everyone else cries foul, because it adds another property to armor that no one wants.

Ok, people still are upset about drastic Parry changes, and offer alternate solutions, or less drastic nerfs. Hanse makes no comments regarding feedback.

Dexer hit speeds are finally examined and a 1sec per swing cap is put in, but 45% HCI is removed.

Special move costs double, if a special move is used again within 3sec of another special move. In theory a dexer can risk using double mana to finish someone. LMC and mana regen are perhaps a concern. But no major uproar is heard from dexers or mages.

Tracking is changed. 20.1 still is successful, but has very low successrate. If the Hider has Stealth, this increases difficulty of being tracked. If the Tracker has Detect Hidden, this improves the success to Track. (The Detect Hidden skill use remains the same, but adds to Tracking successrates.) Personally, this is great in theory, but with tight 120 tempaltes, not many people have Tracking now. The changes further difficult this. Well, maybe this will make Stealth templates alot more feasible. As for Factions, if that is revived, it might help, but my Faction will have a devoted Tracking/Detect mule running at all times, from me. Add some Hiding and Stealth, and they might have hardtime finding me back. Add in some Necro wraithform, and goodluck. Oh, did I mention this is my BOD mule that will crank out Faction armor and weps? But then again, don't all hardcore players have spare mule acct to pull the same stunt? doh! Anyway...

Speedman jumps in with crappy "fix" to the people hitting Tab to cause others to lag as their machine refreshed screen with the shifting animation. People can only Tab to peace after 5sec. Of course this means hidden people cannot Tab themselves out of autodefend-revealing themselves from area effect/field spells.

Poisoning is changed again, so only those with poisoning skill can use poisons over lesser. This greatly improves things, but dexers with high poisoning are still tearing things up. Nox mages with melee are reporting super easy kills, due to still extreme cure failure rates against DP and Lethal.

Well that was the quick summary, rough order that it happened. Anyone, feel free to jump in and correct anything incorrect or add to this. I am sure I missed some stuff.

To sum it all up...

A friend just said this to me, and it was so simple and straightforward and summed up my feelings exactly:

"I just wish they would cap FC and SDI, cap swings at 1 per second, and ****ing publish that like tomorrow or so...then just let changes flow from there."

I was so very excited about Pub25. I have been playing dialup for years, got broadband in Jan, hit a UO depression for Feb and March, and returned with the expectation that Pub25 was going to be a simple change to level the playingfield for the game we are already familiar with and love.

Then skill tweaks started occuring. Then Test Center sweeping changes that felt more like designers were stumbling in the dark then sitting down and thinking about the longterm, wide ramifications.
I want them to just cap FC, SDI, swingspeed, and bandage timers....and publish it. Look at skill balances as we get to play a simple, balanced Pub25.

<font size=-1>[ Ta wiadomość została zmieniona przez: per dnia 2004-06-01 11:38 ]</font>

PostNapisane: 27 cze 2004, 11:20 
Publish 25, as with most game publishes, contains a number of game updates and bug fixes. This article contains a summary of the upcoming game improvements that will come about with Publish 25. The items listed below are in development and have not passed QA. This is not a guarantee that these changes will make it to publish 25 exactly as listed.
General Summary:

Bug fixes
PvP balance changes
Archery fixes
Contents:

House demolition, and character transfer will now be disabled while the housing and character transfer server is down
Faster casting cap of 2 (if not using the protection spell)
Faster casting cap of 0 (if using the protection spell)
Paladin spells are subject to a faster casting cap of 4
Paladins with magery of 70.0 or above are subject to a faster casting cap of 2
PvP spell damage increase cap of 15% from an item&#8217;s magic property &#8211; spell damage increase is also derived from intelligence and inscription
Added caps for: Lower Mana Cost = 40%, Hit Chance Increase = 45%, Defense Chance Increase = 45%, Damage Increase = 100%, Swing Speed Increase = 1/second for all weapons.
Maximum swing rate capped at one swing per second
Added runic crafting tools to test center bank boxes
Added all artifacts to test center bank boxes
Added ethereal mounts to test center bank boxes
Added a kills/deaths tracking and leader board on test centers
Painstrike takes 1/2 second less to cast, 2 points higher minimum and maximum damage
Cleanse by fire is now difficulty based
Damage required to interrupt bandaging reduced from 26 to 19 for PvP only
Lesser and normal healing potions have smaller delays to use than greater healing potions
Lowered cure spell chance of success
Enhanced cure potions now correctly cure lower poisons
Archcure doesn't cure aggressors or victims
Archcure is now 1/4 second faster
Infectious strike special move now uses poisoning skill to help determine potency
Using a special move within 3 seconds of the previous special move costs double mana
Parried special moves have no mana cost
Dexterity below 80 reduces the chance to parry
Reveal uses magery and detect hidden vs. hide and stealth
Reveal always reveals vs. invisibility spell
Tracking players uses tracking and detect hidden and random (1 to 20) vs. hiding and stealth
Ghosts can no longer be tracked
Necromancy forms affect tracking difficulty
Archers can now move immediately after firing
Archers must hold still for a minimum of 1/2 second before firing
Fixed Dryad bow and added it to the Doom boss loot
Fix for daemon, lich, vampire, and wraith form issues
Fix for enemy of one issues
Fix for divine fury issues (stat penalties, faction points, etc)
Two handed weapons can now be disarmed
Can no longer immediately rearm disarmed mage weapons
Faction traps now decay after one day
Swamp dragons no longer reduce PvP damage
Spell casting creatures no longer try to cast old buffs (reactive armor, protection, magic reflection) resulting in more challenging monsters
Fixed low level gain for weapon skills
Sake is now called "sake" instead of "water" on Japanese shards
Added jewelry slots in 2D client
Added "object handles" in 2D client
Misc. "behind the scenes" changes:

Improved internal debugging tools
More logging for "IGR time limit" error